Saturday, June 8, 2013

Journal Page 20...No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted

Here is another page in my Journal of Quotes.
To create this look, I did a variety of techniques.  I did some marble staining, a bit of blending with distress inks on the background. and dusted it with a bit of glimmer spray.  For the butterflies they are done on glossy paper withalcohol inks using a blender pen.  For the swirls I stained them and then heat embossed some vintage photo embossing powder on them, misted them with some glimmer mist in green and once the powder was dry I brushed off the crystals, created a really cool rusted green enamel look.  The swirls really do look cool but my camera just couldn't quite capture it. :(
I used some thick utee on the cage that I cut out from my cricut.
 
Now onto the quote.....
"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted."
For me this means to take time to remember the little things, holding the door for the person behind you, giving a smile to a passing stranger, or letting that very anxious person pass you on the highway.
 
Yesterday I was shown kindness by many unexpecting individuals...
it made me smile and help lighten the day. 
As they say you never know what weighs on others minds
so knowing that you may beable to brighten their day in some small way is worth it.....
isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment