Saturday, April 6, 2013

Journal Page 9

Today I'd like to share with you another Journal page that I created.
 
For this page, I took an old dictionary page, inked it in walnut stain and vintage photo distress ink to get that old worn dirtylook.  I then used the heartfelt creations stamps to stamp flowers onto the page using archival ink in black.  Once the ink dried I took a waterbrush and used peeled paint for the leaves and victorian velvet for the flowers.  The quote is actually on the metal word band, another Tim Holtz product.  To make the quote stand out I rubbed some pink paint on it and buffed off.
Now onto the quote:
"Capture life's moments"
To me this is a reminder to not forget the little things. 
Take time to notice,
the warmth on your skin as the sun beats down, the breeze in your hair as the wind blows,
and the smell of nature as you toil in the garden. 
Each second of your life is a moment waiting to happen.......
will you take the time to "capture" it?

No comments:

Post a Comment