Sunday, April 21, 2013

Journal Page 15

Here is another journal page that I worked on over the weekend
I created this page by using a variety of techniques.  First I put some distress stain in weathered wood and walnut stain on a kraft mat, spritz it and swiped the page thru.  Dried it then did the same process but used my distress inks in weathered wood, stormy skies, and walnut stain.  I then blended the weathered wood in spots and also the walnut stain in areas.    The umbrella is a stamp from stampin up, I stamped it in chipped sapphire and embossed it.  The quote is from Tim Holtz, stamped in walnut stain, for the center quote I used a bit of clear star gelly pen to make it pop and then attached a fragment on it. The ribbon is dyed using distress stain in weathered wood and walnut stain.  rolled up in a ball and dried, then attached to fragment with a brad.  To make the rain drops I flicked water onto the page let it sit a bit then soaked up the droplets with a towel.
 
I love the way this turned out its looks like an old worn stone.  There is sooo many layers to it. 
The quote reminds me that we have to celebrate all times of our lives. 
 Don't look at the "storm" and just see all the puddles its making in your life....
instead look at the storm an figure out how it can work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment