Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tags and more Tags

Sorry fellow fans, I missed posting yesterday.  Some type of bug has decided to hit our home and we are battling high fevers and just that yuck feeling.  So to make up for it I am going to show you two tags that I have made from the first book of Tim Holtz.
Honestly the hardest part of this card was tying the knot! LOL  This is the technique Distress Misting.  The weathered wood spray, and compasses inspired me to turn this into a sea theme.  The rope knot reminds me of the boats, a bit of sand and shells of the beach and the "mesh ribbon" reminded me of the nets that you sometimes see.
Now that we have crossed the ocean here is my take on the technique scribble stain.  This reminded me of a package that has been well traveled.  The hardware is something I found in our local vintage shop and the stickers were on clearance at our local scrapbook store.  I used the same rope as I did on the top on just unraveled it a bit and added some trim as well to it.  Hope you enjoy this extra post, sorry for the lateness

No comments:

Post a Comment