Monday, April 23, 2012

I've been busy making mini misters using Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers and Perfect Pearls. 
Now that I'm done creating, I need a place to store them.  A box of some sort should work,
so to the basement I headed to dig through items of my husbands grandmothers that we packed away. 
I came across this old recipe box
It really was not my style so I decided to revamp it!
I painted it black, added some lace trim along with a few pearls.  For the keyhole it was originally gold but a bit of black paint, and alcohol ink in silver helped to achieve that silver patina.  I did the same with an old button and glued a stack of painted black pennies together to turn it into a knob.  The swirls were made by gluing old book pages to cardstock and using Tim Holtz swirls.  Some Braided trim I attached to the top of the box.
For one of the sides I "aged" a broken chain from a necklace, attached a charm that I found clearanced at the local Michaels, and also a bit of vintage bling that was also clearanced out.
The other side was just calling for a few keys and of course just a bit of vintage bling as well.
The good thing is, I was able to reuse something that was in our family and it holds 32 mini misters!

No comments:

Post a Comment