Saturday, March 23, 2013

Journal Page 5

Today I thought I would share with you another journal page that I created. 
 
For this one I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in tumbled glass, faded denim, peeled paint, vintage photo, and walnut stain. The branch is one of his dies along with the bird that I cut out of grunge paper, inked and embossed with the tree bark folder. The bird I embossed with another folder.
 
I love the quote!
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
~William Shakespeare
 
So many times when I find myself stressed, I take a walk. 
What is it about nature that it helps calm the mind?
Could it be the amazing songs the birds chirp out,
the stories of strength and perseverance that those old trees tell with their gnarled branches,
the feeling of new beginnings that the flowers share as they sprout out through the snow,
or the sense of hope that the sun gives us on those dreary cloudy days?
 
This page I think has it all, the lovely bird, the gnarled branch, the flowers pushing their way up, and those dreary clouds with a hint of sunshine coming through.
Nature soothes my soul,
what ever it may be for you,
I hope you take the time to rejoice in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment