Monday, March 5, 2012

Baby to Bride Graphic 45!

You will find inspiration in the strangest places!  I was flipping through the channels when I came across one of those fashion shows that the designers have to do a "collection" and instantly thought of the 2 sheets of graphic 45 paper I had sitting on my craft table.  One was filled with tags and labels and the other one had beautiful squares.  I decided I would create a collection that fit the name of the paper.  Baby to Bride!!  So lets start the show!
I would like to call this "Sweet Baby" 
I am all about vintage so to put my spin on this all I had to do was distress the edges, add a bit of frayed burlap and tattered rose distress inks, in stitches embossing folder, some ribbon, a few pearls, prima rose and the paper and tags did the rest. 
Moving on....
The next one is "Building Blocks"
for this I embossed the front with the checkerboard embossing folder, used the tags, paper ribbon strip and three blocks from the paper, some frayed burlap ink and crinkled seam binding finish it.
As we move through the years lets take a look at...
The "Toddler Quilt"
all I used on this card was frayed burlap distress ink, swiss dots embossing folder and I let the beautiful square paper do the rest.  I love how this turned out.
Lets continue on our journey and see.....
"Special Moments",
Everyone can look back on their childhood and remember a moment or special memory.  I switched the colors to more of a "grown up" one, stamped some quotes onto the tags, threaded a bit of ribbon, and embossed the front using damask embossing folder.  The inks were weathered wood and frayed burlap, sayings stamped in walnut stain distress inks.
The baby has grown up!......

"The Bride"
Every bride needs a bit of blue, weathered wood distress ink and lacey circle spellbinders gave her just that.  The background is embossed with dvine swirls embossing folder, covered in frayed burlap and clear embossing powder to give the look of those old ceiling tiles.  (you have to feel the texture to truly appreciate it), a few pearls and tulle help the bride to shine and of course the beautiful cameo is a tag covered in glossy accents.  The other two tags were edged in frayed burlap and layered.

I know it was a long post, but I hope you enjoyed the collection. 
These cards are on display at Scrapbook101http://www.scrapbook101.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment