Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Flapper

I have been drawn to the flappers lately.  They are in the books that I read, in the pictures that I see, television shows that I watch and now I am seeing them in stamps.  This card was made using chocolate cardstock, a tim holtz tattered floral die and distress ink for the rose, hero arts vintage lace trimming, spellbinders, graphic 45/hampton art stamp, distress ink for the background and inkadinkadoo chalks for shading, and to finish it off a rose colored pearl and gold marker.
I wanted dimension when I made this card so I used a spellbinder and very roughly colored it in with gold.  I wanted the look of it a bit worn, the rose gives a lot of dimension on its own so I just glued that down, attached the background paper to the card after using frayed burlap on it to age it a bit and stamped the image in walnut stain.  The flapper still needed a bit more so I stamped again, colored and cut out attached with a few foam dots. finished it off with the ribbon and pearl.  I love how you get the shadow from the flapper and how the background looks lit up

No comments:

Post a Comment