Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Trash to Treasure

For today's post I wanted to share with you a creation that I made using the following supplies
 
As you can see the items are Hearfelt Creations stamps along with coordinating dies, some left over corrugated cardboard from an egg crate, my favorite quote, some distress crackle paint and of course a bit of trim.
The first thing I did was cover the cardboard with paint, while that dried I stamped the flowers and inked them with my distress inks, then I used the dies to cut them out on the cuttlebug.  A bit of "aging" with the music sheet along with  positioning the quote and the trim and I was done.
Here is the finished project!
I love how the background turned out and the flowers and leaves really anchor the project.
to create more texture, I took some wired mesh ribbon cut away the the wire section and stretched it a bit creating some distress look.  I then took the wire sections and wrapped them around a pen to create some swirls.  It was anchored with a decorative brad.
Here is a view of the flowers in the lower corner.  I love how the leaves swirl around them as well adding just a bit of color.

Music, it never fails it always can get an emotion of of you.  I love this quote from Billy Joel and the instrument is near and dear to me as well as my son plays the viola currently.


No comments:

Post a Comment