Saturday, May 18, 2013

Journal Page 17....Beauty Seen

For Todays journal page I wanted to create something bright and colorful
 
To create this bright background I took tattered angels sprays, sprayed it on my paper and wiped it with a paper towel, giving it more of a colorwash look. 
I also added in some of my homemade shimmer mists in a variety of colors
and finished it off with added a bit of Tim Holtz distress inks for added depth. 
For the butterfly I used a tattered angels mask that I inked in embossing ink,
sprinkled it with a shimmer embossing powder and heat set. 
I also applied a bit of stickles onto it for just a "ghost" of a sparkle.
 
Now onto the quote:
"Beauty seen is never lost"
Translation for me: When you see something beautiful it is bright and vivid, but as time goes on the image may fade away (the fading ink, the words a bit faded in areas)
BUT
the image or memory never truly goes away (the ghost of the butterfly) its always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment