Saturday, November 17, 2012

Vintage Bird

Well its official I finally have my evenings back to craft!  I finished my last night in class on Thursday and am just working on my externship now.  Now that I have my evenings back to myself I plan on keeping up more with my blog.  To celebrate here is a card I made awhile back just never got around to posting it.
For this card I did alot of layering.  First I masked some swirls and then used some blues and green inks to color the background, removed the masks and used a brown splatter stamp.  Distressed the edges colored them with brown ink, stamped a branch in dark blue ink and attached a swallow and photo corner.  The ribbon I found clearanced out at our local Michal's store.
 
To me this card means alot, its bittersweet finishing my schooling, I became friends with some wonderful ladies and saw them five days out of the week for four hours.  I will truly miss them, the background mimics my feelings.  The metal corner protector signifies a chapter in my life, the swallow flying resembles me and the opportunities that I will encounter, and the ribbon/family metal tag represents why I went to school in the first place......My family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment