Monday, January 16, 2012

Damask Goodbye

Did you ever notice there is no dark sympathy cards?  Right now I am dealing with a loved one preparing to die and I did not feel like making a "happy" card.  Making cards is very therapetic for me, and knowing that I will need this one, I decided to make it a bit more personal.  The dark background is to acknowledge the mourning that I know we will go through, the rose is a reminder of the wonderful roses that grew like wildfire in their yard and the homemade pressed flower paper is representing how they made a lot of things homemade and also a bit of hope that life will eventually be bright again. 
Now onto how it was created....
The background was embossed and using a clear embossing ink and black embossing powder, rubbed over the raised edges then heat set.  The oval is a spellbinder, the rose is Tim Holtz tattered floral die, and the leaves are a punch.  A few pearls finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment