Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Beginning of a Journal....

I am a firm believer that what you put out in the world comes back ten times fold to you.  As I look around and see a bit of negativity entering my thoughts and life, I decided that it was the perfect time to begin a journal of all my favorite quotes.  When finished, I plan to place this on my desk at work opened to the page I need most.
For my journal I am using watercolor paper.  I love the thickness and texture it brings.  I used Distress Ink in peeled paint and worn lipstick on the page, a few flicks of water added the white spots.  The butterflies are a Cheery Lynn die cut out of glossy paper and colored with alcohol inks.  The flower is from my stash. 
As with any art that I create it has a meaning behind it.  The quote says it all "Be the Change you want to see in the world."  The flower is a bit worn and weathered, as our spirit sometimes gets, but the butterflies represent beauty, change and new beginnings.  Although their life span may be short, where ever they go.... they bring happiness.
Please check back as I have more pages that I am working on and look forward to sharing with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment